Sunday, July 4, 2010

amy atlas.

let me preface this by saying, there truly is nothing i would rather be doing right now than what i'm about to do... the RUF internship at WFU.  ok, that said... maybe my second dream job would be to work for amy atlas.  so, yesterday, i worked at my friend, lauren's wedding.  i had some random tasks, but was mainly in charge of keeping things organized at the reception.  one of my tasks was to set up the candy buffet.  that's when i knew that what i have suspected for a while is true... i would love to work for amy atlas one day.  

first of all... candy buffet...

(this pales in comparison to what you are about to see)

second of all... who is amy atlas?  she is based in NYC (reason #1 for why i'd like to work for this lady).  she is an event designer of sorts... basically, she sets up these really elaborate dessert buffets for parties and weddings and photo shoots.  here are some examples.  (if amy atlas by chance ran across this, she would either be freaked out or will immediately ask me to remove all pictures.  just in case, ALL of these come from Sweet Designs: A Blog by Amy Atlas.)

(some behind the scenes)
(and, my favorite!)

off to make 4th of july cupcakes... that's a start, right?

1 comments:

i'm rachel said...

we just threw brownie in the pan! haha. i want you to show me how to change fonts for blog titles! i tried but only screwed up my html! haha