Thursday, August 5, 2010

Update Tres.

Ok, ya'll... $3,000 left to go before I get the call that I am released to campus.


Meannning... I have raised 75% of my support!  Praise God!

This is such a strange time... I am very hesitant to make any plans, any arrangements.  I am just sitting, waiting, wishing, praying, reading, computering.  

Praise God, my co-intern, Stewart, has been "released" to venture into the wild bluegrass hills of North Carolina... he will be leaving Wednesday.  I would love, by God's grace, to do the same.

Let me address a small issue.  A few people have prefaced to me, "Kate, I want to give to you and let you know I support you, but it's so little, I'm almost embarrassed to even give to you."  Guys, let me just say, to even see your name on my list of supporters... well, gosh, that is so encouraging to me.  To know that you have intentionally cared to take the time to donate and to say that you support this mission, it means as much to me as a $5000 donation.  Yes, I need both to get to Wake, but both are so special and supportive to me.  Your love and support and kindness is such a strong foundation as I begin this ministry on Wake Forest's campus.

Sooo... please pray that this would come quickly, so I can begin my journey as an RUF intern.

"The tamarind trees around the bungalow were olive trees, and under them a man knelt alone.  She knew it was the Lord, praying in the garden for he children.  So the burden was His, not hers.  She need not ask Him to share it with her.  He was asking her to share it with Him, to search with Him for the lost lambs. 'Who could have done anything but go into the garden and kneel down beside Him under the tree.'" - Elisabeth Elliot

"I lift up my eyes to the hills.  From where does my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." - Psalm 121:1-2


And, again, if you would like to donate... click HERE.

2 comments:

LB said...

praying for the rest of the support!!

Miles Of Style said...

thank you! i've added you on my blogroll as well. http://onestylemile.blogspot.com/p/blogroll.html

happy weekend!

Persis.