Wednesday, January 13, 2010

in gnu's.

i know i already posted, but i wanted to share something i found. i came to gnu's room this morning for a change in scenery and i think i might enjoy this place for my final semester at auburn - if you do not know, it is a coffeshop/used bookstore. on the table i sat down at was a flip booklet entitled Concord Baptist Church Favorite Recipes. so classic southern alabama. on the second page of this little booklet was this prayer...

"I said a prayer for you today,
And I know God must have heard;
I felt the answer in my heart,
Although he spoke no word.
I didn't ask for wealth or fame,
I knew you wouldn't mind;
I asked Him to send treasures,
Of a far more lasting kind.
I asked that He'd be near you,
At the start of each new day;
To grant you health and blessings,
And friends to share your way.
I asked for happiness for you,
In all things great and small;
But it was for His loving care,
I prayed the most of all."

so simple and so sweet and so true. i really have to go now... but i hope this is your prayer today.

0 comments: